Monday, April 7, 2014

MemeBox 6th Global Edition


Box: Meme Box

Cost: $23 (plus shipping)

How it Works: Each Meme Box is bought separately and includes several full and deluxe sample size items from well-liked Korean brands. There are no set times or days that new boxes are released, but they tend to have at least one item in stock at all times. 

Shipping Schedule: Varies by box.

Returns: As far as I can tell, you cannot return a box, but if there are any issues you can contact their customer service and they are pretty good about compensating and working with you.

Cancellation: This isn't an actual subscription, so you just don't buy another box.


My Experience
After the disappointment of the last box, I was looking for the 6th Edition to really wow me and remind me why I love Meme Box. 6th Edition turned out to be a mixed bag for me, but there were a few stand-out items that excited me even though the duds were really, really blech.



O'Sum - Aloe Vera Soothing Mist ($15 - Full Size!)
I love me some full-size product! This is a face mist that can be used as a setting spray, or when your face gets dry throughout the day. Just from looking at it and smelling it, there seem to be quite a few oils present and since my skin is already oily we'll have to see if it likes this stuff. Still, I like the idea of having a "soothing mist" I can use through the day! I imagine this would be great to have at the beach!



Kovas - Cettua Silk and Shiny Foot Mask ($2.50 - Full Size!)
One thing I love about this box is the addition of items that I would never, ever think of to buy for myself. But OF COURSE my feet need a special mask all to themselves! Apparently these are like little booties you tie on to moisturize and pamper you feet! Can! Not! Wait!



Recipe by Nature - Spray Essence Water ($35 - Full Size!)
This item was in the 1st Edition of Meme Box (the only one of the main line I did not get), so I was excited to see it in this one! Although, I don't like the idea of them repeating items, so I hope that isn't a trend. Like the O'sum product, this is a mist you spray on your face, except this one is supposed to be used in the "essence" place of your skincare routine. It looks hella oily in the bottle so I have the same concerns as I do regarding the O'sum mist, but I'll try it out!



Hanskin - Bio Origin Wrinkle Talk BB SPF 30 PA++ ($9.75)
Not that I have anything against trying out new BB creams, but so far all the BB's I have gotten from Meme Box have either been way too pale or strangely orange on me. I'm glad they have been sending out samples instead of full sizes though so I don't feel so bad when they don't work out. 



Nelafantasia - One Day Whitener Magical Whitening Lotion ($8.67)
So at first I was really interested in this because I have natural redness in my skin (I'm looking at you, you damn birthmark in the middle of my forehead) and I've used all kind of bleaching and whitening agents in the search for a HG item that reduces it's appearance. But the more I look at this, the more I think it is more of a primer. Something you use under your makeup to make you skin appear whitener, because it's more like a white foundation than a chemical whitener. So, now I'm much less interested cause I am way too white as it is.



Kerasys - Moringa Miracle Essense ($13.50 - Full Size!)
Hair oils are another item I will always use! Since discovering how amazing hair oils are (seriously, how have I not known about these little miracles all my life?), I have been trying all kinds, and I'm really looking forward to adding this one to my line up! It's even a full size item!



Dr Jart+ - Silver Label Rejuvenating Beauty Balm ($4.64)
Bah! Another dang BB Cream! At least this one is by Dr Jart though. I am ready and willing to try absolutely anything they make since their eye cream (from the 3rd Global Edition ) is my HG eye cream for getting rid of my dark circles.




Laneige - Snow Crystal Pure Lip Gloss ($12.00)
Hey look at this cute little... Wait a second... Argh! This is another repeat item! It was also in the 4th Global Edition! And it sucked that time too! Ugh, Meme Box... Why do you do this to me? I am so disappoint.. 


Total Value: $66.06


Final Thoughts:
There was a lot of repetition in this box:
2 Face Sprays
2 BB Creams
2 Repeat Items from Previous Boxes.
It also has quite a lower value than I am accustomed to seeing from Meme Box. I'm excited about the foot mask and hair oil, but the other items are just kind of "meh". I think Meme Box and I are in a rut... Snap out of it Meme, or I'll have to break up with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment